Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Deopomorphism

I just used several new words: deopomorphism, origamiphism, and inforizon (which I used several days ago.)

Inforizon came up as a French word which meaning I still need to look up. I used inforizon to refer to the ever-expanding, infinitely reaching, and highly-unreachable destination of technological advancement. More specifically the internet which makes that unattainable destination tangible and felt.

Deopomorphism only brought up 1, count 'em, 1 result on a Google search. So, I am heretoforth claiming rights as the originator of the word deopomorphism. My personal first usage of this word was in the fall of 2006 in a theology class at Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL. I used it while debating with my teacher about humanity trying to describe God in faulty ways by using anthropomorphisms. I expressed my dislike of man using anthropomorphisms to describe God, and then I stated, "are we not more like His deopomorphism of us?" That was it's origins.

Origamiphism was a word I made up that has a Google search result of 0 as of today's date. It was used in a description I used to contrast the relationship of the origami-man and me, and compare that to and me and God. See my blog on Describing God for the details.

No comments: