Thursday, November 1, 2007

Obedience IV: Obedience is EVERYTHING

When I say ‘everything,’ I mean everything!

Check out Romans 5:19 (Amplified version):

For, just as by one man’s disobedience (failing to hear, heedlessness and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous (made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him.)

There it is, in plain sight! It shows the beginning and the end right there.

It refers to the beginning of man’s trek on the earth (Adam’s disobedience), and comes right back to the redemption of man (Christ’s life of obedience, obedient death, and obedient in living again.)

In fact, I dare say that the only thing we have to do from here until our days are finished on this earth is be obedient.

Obedient to what?

Good question. We must be obedient to what God has said, and what He is saying to us.
Right here. Right now.

God IS speaking. We are just not listening.

In fact, in the Amplified Version of the Bible, it implies that “failing to hear” is an act of disobedience! We are EXPECTED to hear from God. Anything less is being disobedient.

And I believe we do get unction from the Lord quite often. We have just conditioned ourselves to reject Him. We have conditioned ourselves to rationalize away unction to help others, act on His instructions, or just get away in His presence.

Well, do you notice that “heedlessness” is also listed under disobedience? I did. That means that we HAVE to heed what we feel that He is saying.

One that I almost succumbed to today: carelessness. I have known that the Lord had desired me to be writing what I feel He is teaching me on. (Hence all of this Obedience stuff. He has had me on it for days! You think I may have a problem with it?!)

Today, the day got away from me. Carelessly I forgot my calling for this season to write. When I normally turn in to bed, I realized that I had not written. Do I get up and write, promise myself to catch up tomorrow with the writing, or just scratch it all together?

On any other day, a week ago, two weeks ago, I would have let it go. BUT, it is not about the writing, or even the quality of the writing. It is about the obedience of doing what I was told without asking questions.

The rest just flows.

No comments: